The first step to a delicious, juicy roast turkey this Thanksgiving is buying only the best - Diestel Farms's natural and organic turkeys are available in The Co-op's meat department while they last. Once thawed, Deistel's birds make fantastic centerpieces for your holiday dinner table. Use this recipe, perfected by The Co-op's scratch kitchen, to impress and delight friends and family this Thanksgiving.
The Co-op Kitchen's Paprika & Orange Roast Turkey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice, fresh
- 2 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- 3 Tbsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tsp black pepper
- First, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients into a single bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pat thawed turkey dry with a paper towel.
- Rub turkey with spice/oil mixture, making sure to cover completely outside and inside. Run inside loose skin and directly onto the meat as well.
- Roast until internal temperature of 165°F is reached, making sure to test multiple locations to ensure safety. See the Beet Box's Turkey Roasting Guide for ideal cooking times by weight.
- Rest turkey for 10-20 minutes before carving for best slices.