Come to the Co-op’s Annual Meeting!
By Laurene Sorensen, Co-op Board of Directors
Who: You, if you are an owner. (If you aren’t one yet, you can join for a minimum investment of $10.)
When: From 3 - 5 p.m. on Sunday, April 9.
Where: The Great Room of the 1912 Center at 412 E. Third Street, Moscow.
Why: To learn, eat, and connect with other owners, Board members, and staff. (Most of those folks are owners, too.)
What (to expect):
- Food, of course! This year we’re throwing a pie party. We’ll have a delicious assortment of sweet pies, as well as a variety of appetizers.
- Short, informative presentations by the Board president and treasurer as well as the general manager. There will be time for audience questions afterward.
- Voting on the adoption of our new bylaws!
- A keynote address by University of Idaho economics professor Steve Peterson, who has been studying the Co-op’s role in our local economy.
- Kids’ activities.
- Raffles of cool stuff.
- Co-op swag—some of it free.
How: Show up!
Extra Credit: To make sure there’s enough food for you and everyone else, RSVP by April 2 to email@example.com. And, once again, we are grateful to the Palouse-Clearwater Environmental Institute’s Plate Project for the loan of their elegant and eclectic tableware.