Celebrate Spring with the 44th Annual Moscow Renaissance Fair May 6 and 7
By Greg Meyer, Renaissance Fair Publicity Coordinator
After a very long winter, spring has arrived on the Palouse. And with the new season, a cherished tradition returns to Moscow’s East City Park. The 44th annual Moscow Renaissance Fair takes place on Saturday, May 6, and Sunday, May 7—truly a celebration of spring. As always, the family-friendly fair is free and all are welcome. The Fair will begin at 10 a.m. on Saturday with the Welcoming Ceremony for the 2017 royalty. Booths will open and main stage entertainment will begin at 10 a.m. on both Saturday and Sunday.
The Renaissance Fair once again features wonderful music on the Peter Basoa Main Stage; artisans offering fair-goers the finest in craftsmanship and artistic expression; the opportunity to reconnect with friends in the food court where local non-profits provide freshly prepared ethnic and other dishes to tempt the taste buds; and of course the many activities in Kid Village and Stage II, ranging from arts and crafts at Imagination Station, to the Power Jump, Mini Challenge Course, and the Washington State University Raptor Club where kids can get close up and personal with eagles, hawks, falcons and owls.
Everyone is encouraged to participate in the parades and Maypole Dances. And the beer and wine garden returns to the Fair, at a new location closer to the stage.
As May approaches, you can enjoy the art of past Renaissance Fairs by visiting Mikey’s Gyros in downtown Moscow, where you will find winning posters dating back to 1974 decorating the walls.
Below is a schedule of main stage entertainment and other activities:
Saturday, May 6
- 10:00 Welcome Ceremony with the King and Queen
- 10:20 The Palouse Harmony Chorus - Imagine that! Guys who love to sing! - Moscow
- 11:15 Dirty Joe’s Brass Band - They’ll get you up and moving - Moscow
- 12:30 Shiloh and the Young Guns - Energetic, classic country music - Moscow.
- 1:30 Maypole Dance - With Sam & Friends - By the volleyball court
- 2:00 Howling Gaels - Traditional Irish, English, and Scottish music – Coeur d’Alene.
- 3:00 Renaissance Fair Parade - A joyous trip through space, time, and East City Park
- 3:30 Sesitshaya Marimba Ensemble - Zimbabwean marimba music - Moscow.
- 5:00 Jus Wright - Pacific Northwest reggae music with a Big Island sound - Spokane.
- 7:30 Landrace - Full live ska band plays covers from around the world - Pullman.
Sunday, May 7
- 10:00 Cherry Sisters Revival - A silly string band playing old-time country music - Moscow.
- 11:30 The Palouse Project - Presenting “Siren”…a musical web of lethal enchantment - Moscow.
- 1:00 Gefilte Trout - Rollicking Klezmer music from Eastern Europe - Moscow.
- 2:00 Maypole Dance - With Sam & Friends - By the volleyball court
- 2:30 Smokin’ Mojo - Local 7-piece jump blues band - Moscow.
- 4:00 Hillfolk Noir – original Junkerdash - Boise.
Please gather your entire family and your friends and join with us in this joyous celebration of spring.
For more information and updates go to http://www.moscowrenfair.org/