Participating Owner Program
- The Participating Owner Program provides our owners with a means to deepen their involvement and impact in our community. These volunteers play a pivotal role in our cooperative by sharing their talents and donating their time to activities such as teaching customers about food and nutrition, facilitating playgroups and clubs, contributing to our publications, and more.
- Per a Board of Directors’ policy that guides the program, volunteer positions shall not be of an operational nature. We look for useful and creative ways to engage owners in our mission and strategic plan.
- As positions become available, we will post them below. The link to apply is below the current openings section; you may also pick up a hard copy application at the Customer Service Desk.
- An application also may be submitted to receive first notice of opportunities at they arise, or to suggest a role that is not currently advertised.
Please email Willow Venzke at email@example.com with any questions!
Tuesday Community Market Children’s Activity Supervisor
The Moscow Food Co-op seeks a volunteer to assist with supervising the children’s activity at the Tuesday Community Market. The Market takes place once per month on the first Tuesday, June through October, from 4-7 p.m. at the Latah County Fairgrounds.
- Managing the children’s activity booth
- Assuring that children are safe and engaged
- Assisting with set-up and clean-up of the children’s area
Ideally, we would like to find a volunteer who can commit to this role for the entire duration of the Growers Market (a total of 5 markets). The volunteer will receive (6) six 18% off discount vouchers for each day they volunteer.
Recycling Subs Needed
Help the Co-op operate sustainably by becoming one of our recycling subs! Our Participating Owner-driven recycling program needs substitutes. It takes about 1 to 1.5 hours to complete a shift, which involves visiting different store departments and collecting recyclables. Glass will need to be dropped off at the recycling center at the end of the shift. Substitutes will be put on a contact list for regular recyclers to contact as needed. Substitute recyclers will receive (3) 18% vouchers for each shift they cover.
To apply, click on the application box below. You also can pick up a hard copy application at our Customer Service Desk. Want to be notified as soon as new opportunities arise? Have suggestions for more tasks Participating Owners can help with? Tell us in your application!