JOIN OUR TEAM!
At the Moscow Food Co-op we pride ourselves on working together to nourish and nurture our community.
We are looking to hire people who:
· Are outgoing, friendly, and can offer outstanding customer service
· Have a passion for great food and for food that is locally produced using sustainable farming and production practices
· Are passionate about building community
· Are excited about working with our dynamic team
The Moscow Food Co-op is passionate about great service, strong support of our local growers and producers, and cooperation! We are dedicated to delivering high quality, local, organic, and sustainably produced food and products.
At the Co-op, we care about our team, which is why we provide a rewarding, healthy, and cooperative workplace. Check out the positions we currently have open, and fill out an application to join our team today!
Benefits for our full time employees (30+ hours per week) include health, vision and dental insurance. All employees receive paid time off, a 20% discount in the store, regular merit-based raises, and free soup provided during lunch breaks.
Here's why some of our employees choose to work here:
Prepared Foods Manager
The purpose of this position is to supervise the kitchen and deli departments, coordinate production of attractive, healthy dishes, while meeting department goals for sales, margin, labor, and customer service. The Prepared Foods Manager will assist the Store Manager and General Manager in meeting strategic goals and ends policies set by the Board of Directors.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations in the kitchen and deli
- Work with the Store Manager and General Manager to achieve the Co-op’s Ends policies and goals set forth in the Strategic Plan.
- Ensure the departments are consistently well-stocked with sellable product.
- Establish and apply standards for ordering and receiving product.
- Make sure all incoming product is accounted for and all invoices are processed and submitted to the Finance office.
- Ensure new products are correctly entered and updated in the POS system.
- Get credit from suppliers when applicable for returned or low-quality product, and properly dispose of unsellable items.
- Follow generally accepted industry record-keeping procedures.
- Find alternative suppliers who provide higher quality or better service when necessary.
- Work with the Store Manager, General Manager and Finance Manager to arrive at an operational budget for each fiscal year.
- Utilize financial information to drive department performance and shape department goals.
- Manage running gross profit by correctly pricing products.
- Regularly count inventory and ensure accuracy of counts
- Utilize inventory data to keep an appropriate inventory level and adjust as needed
- Set prices to achieve margin and inventory goals and minimize shrink
- Be able to execute a gross margin test on any item and maintain a variable margin pricing strategy
Click here for a copy of the job Posting
YOU CAN APPLY ONLINE OR VIA A HARD COPY APPLICATION.
We encourage you to apply online to expedite the process.
Select your application option below. Please also provide your resume and contact information for two references (former employers preferred). If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hard Copy Applications: We have copies available at the bulletin board near the meat department, or you may download a copy via the button below to print. Completed hard copy applications can be inserted into the application drop-box in the store or emailed to email@example.com.
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about our hiring process:
I've applied - what's next?
We will review your application and if we think your qualifications are a good match for one of our open positions, we will be sure to contact you.
I'm super excited about this opening at the Co-op; may I call you?
We love your enthusiasm, but please, no phone calls! Unfortunately, we are not able to personally speak with everyone who submits an application, but rest assured that each application is carefully reviewed and considered. Our website is kept up to date with current openings; all positions remain on the website until they are filled. Plus, we’ll hang on to your application for one year, so we’ll consider your application for each opening that is relevant to your skill set.
how can I prepare myself for an interview?
One idea you might consider is to learn a little more about our Co-op. Peruse our website for information about our history, the cooperative business model, and our departments.
What if no positions are open now? Can I still apply?
Yes, we accept applications even when we are not currently hiring for a position. Use the hard copy process detailed above, or click here for a pdf that you can download, save, complete, and submit with a resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long do you keep my application? Should I apply again if i see another position i would like?
We will keep your application for one year, so we’ll consider your application for each opening that is relevant to your skill set. You also are welcome to submit another application at any time.
PLEASE NOTE: The Moscow Food Co-op provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Moscow Food Co-op complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.