JOIN OUR TEAM!
At the Moscow Food Co-op we pride ourselves on working together to nourish and nurture our community.
We are looking to hire people who:
· Are outgoing, friendly, and can offer outstanding customer service
· Have a passion for great food and for food that is locally produced using sustainable farming and production practices
· Are passionate about building community
· Are excited about working with our dynamic team
The Moscow Food Co-op is passionate about great service, strong support of our local growers and producers, and cooperation! We are dedicated to delivering high quality, local, organic, and sustainably produced food and products.
At the Co-op, we care about our team, which is why we provide a rewarding, healthy, and cooperative workplace. Check out the positions we currently have open, and fill out an application to join our team today!
Benefits for our full time employees (30+ hours per week) include health, vision and dental insurance. All employees receive paid time off, a 20% discount in the store, regular merit-based raises, and free soup provided during lunch breaks.
Here's why some of our employees choose to work here:
OPEN CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Apply to our general application pool in which we will keep your application on file for the next three months and forward it to our hiring managers as positions open up.
Please click here to apply to our general application.
Marketing Manager – The Moscow Food Co-op seeks a manager to maintain and oversee the marketing department, including community engagement, public relations, participation, and owner services; cultivate the Co-op’s identity and presence in the surrounding communities through brand management; promote ownership and owner satisfaction; and advance the Co-op’s purpose, mission, and strategic plan through enhanced education and outreach, relationship building, and communication. Assists the General Manager in meeting strategic goals and ends policies set by the Board of Directors. To view the position description, please visit http://www.moscowfood.coop/employment.
Category/Wage: Salaried, Exempt DOE
Hours/Shifts: ~40 hours/week
Qualified applications should submit a cover letter, resume, and work samples
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Business, Marketing, or related field
- Two years of publishing, communications, or marketing experience
- 1 year of supervisory experience
- 1 year of event coordinating experience
- Ability to think creatively and globally, to analyze and anticipate solutions, define problems and objectives, and to recognize alternatives and formulate solutions
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with peers, employees, vendors and the public
- Ability to relate to individual staff with diverse backgrounds and to work with them in a fair, supportive and cooperative manner
- Excellent leadership skills with demonstrated abilities to resolve problems and to understand and support the importance of structure, organization, policies and procedures.
- Ability to implement new systems and protocol as a means to improve business practices
- Demonstrated flexibility and excellent organizational skills with ability to function independently
- Commitment to identifying customer needs and maintaining and supporting the Co-op’s strategic plan and vision.
- Proficient computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office and Adobe InDesign software
- Effective editing, written, and verbal communications skills
- Ability to create an attractive, welcoming, and efficient retail environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business; some early mornings, evenings, holiday, and weekend shifts apply.
- Familiarity with natural foods; a basic understanding of retail concepts and of the retail industry
Please click here to view the job description.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org and fill out our online application here.
The Moscow Food Co-op seeks a full time grocery buyer. Responsibilities include ordering groceries, handling special orders, ensuring grocery shelves are well-stocked and maintained, providing excellent customer service, assisting with receiving, interfacing with brokers, and managing inventory in a computer system. Desired qualifications include intermediate computer skills, attention to detail, the ability to calculate prices to meet margin and price goals, and the ability to consistently lift 50 lbs. This is a 40 hour per week position.
Please click here to apply.
The Moscow Food Co-op seeks a part-time dishwasher to wash dishes, utensils, and cookware in our kitchen. Dishwashers also work as needed stocking the kitchen and deli areas. This individual will organize back stock as necessary to assist in efficient flow of items to the kitchen and receive product in the back room, ensuring that all items are correct. We have a fast-paced deli and need someone who is able to focus, work quickly and efficiently while operating in a team-centered environment. Must be punctual, dependable, able to learn basic tasks and follow instructions; able to lift 50 pounds and spend long hours on your feet.
Please click here to apply.
YOU CAN APPLY ONLINE OR VIA A HARD COPY APPLICATION.
We encourage you to apply online THROUGH THE LINKS ABOVE to expedite the process.
If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources office at email@example.com.
Hard Copy Applications: We have copies available at the bulletin board near the meat department, or you may download a copy via the button below to print. Completed hard copy applications can be inserted into the application drop-box in the store or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about our hiring process:
I've applied - what's next?
We will review your application and if we think your qualifications are a good match for one of our open positions, we will be sure to contact you.
I'm super excited about this opening at the Co-op; may I call you?
We love your enthusiasm, but please, no phone calls! Unfortunately, we are not able to personally speak with everyone who submits an application, but rest assured that each application is carefully reviewed and considered. Our website is kept up to date with current openings; all positions remain on the website until they are filled. Plus, we’ll hang on to your application for one year, so we’ll consider your application for each opening that is relevant to your skill set.
how can I prepare myself for an interview?
One idea you might consider is to learn a little more about our Co-op. Peruse our website for information about our history, the cooperative business model, and our departments.
What if no positions are open now? Can I still apply?
Yes, we accept applications even when we are not currently hiring for a position. Use the hard copy process detailed above, or click here for a pdf that you can download, save, complete, and submit with a resume and references to email@example.com.
How long do you keep my application? Should I apply again if i see another position i would like?
We will keep your application for one year, so we’ll consider your application for each opening that is relevant to your skill set. You also are welcome to submit another application at any time.
PLEASE NOTE: The Moscow Food Co-op provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Moscow Food Co-op complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.