A delicious breakfast or lunch, avocado toast can become a staple of your quick-and-easy weekday meals.
This particular avocado toast is rich, savory and full of healthy fats and protein to keep you full throughout the day.
- 2 slices of toast (your choice! We recommend the Co-op's Multigrain.)
- One medium-sized avocado
- One egg (cooked however you like - we went for sunny-side-up)
- Green Goddess Tahini dressing (recipe below)
- Red onion and cilantro for garnish
- Lemon juice
Spread the Green Goddess Tahini evenly on a slice of warm toast. Top with diced avocado and red onion. Cook your egg however you like, and slide it on to the toast for an extra kick of quality protein and B2. Fresh cilantro will make a perfectly well-rounded garnish (it goes wonderfully with the Green Goddess Tahini,) and a sprinkle of lemon juice will keep your avocado from oxidizing.
Green Goddess Tahini
This dressing will thicken in the fridge, so don't be afraid of over-thinning it.
- 1 cup tahini
- The juice of two lemons
- 1/4 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, rough chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup chives, rough chopped
- 1/4 cup of radish greens
- A big pinch of salt
Blend* all the ingredients together in a food processor or blender until herbs and garlic are finely chopped. Slowly drizzle in water until your dressing reaches your desired consistency! Store in a jar or other air-tight container for up to one week.
*You can also chop the ingredients finely by hand, and mix in the tahini and water to blend the dressing.