With all the appeal of a one-pot meal, making a salad in a jar is just as simple and really convenient. If you're like us, odds are you have tons of canning jars around. We use them to make pickles, store dry goods, collect loose change, display flowers, and more! While making your salad in a jar is pretty self-explanatory, here are a couple tips to keep your veggies crisp until lunchtime:
- Start by adding 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite dressing to the bottom of the jar.
- Place heartier veggies or beans that won't be too affected by sitting in the dressing of r a bit in next.
- Place greens toward to top so that they don't get soggy.
- Add croutons or seeds last to keep them as crunchy as possible.
- Place lid on top and store in the fridge until lunch.
- Before eating, shake the jar to distribute the dressing to all the contents of your salad.